A US No Deposit Bonus is probably the most attractive bonus available, depending on how you see it of course. A bonus that doesn’t require a deposit, usually only require you to register. This is our No Deposit Bonus US guide at the US edition of Bonusho where the best No Deposit bonuses currently available to US players can be found. Even casinos with no account and casinos without registration can offer registration bonuses, which we also go through later in this tutorial.
Bonuses without deposit come in slightly different forms, but most common is that you get a certain number of free spins, which do have a value in real money. Some casinos choose to communicate this as a certain number of free spins when registering, for example, 20 free spins at registration. Other casinos communicate the bonus in terms of the value of money, for example, $ 5 at registration.
The latter though, can either mean a certain number of free spins or that you choose what you want to play on and how much you want to bet on your chosen game.
We at Bonusho try to communicate the bonus in the same way that the casino has chosen to promote the bonus, to not create unnecessary misunderstandings and for as much transparency as possible. Sometimes, however, offers are updated without us getting the information. So the best way is to always go to the casino and read more about the specific offer, including the terms and conditions.
So how is it possible to get a bonus completely without making a deposit on your own? Bonuses are generally used to attract new players, and a no deposit bonus in particular, when nothing is required in return in the form of deposits or such.
However, no deposit bonuses are generally significantly smaller than match bonuses, the bonuses where the casino operator chooses to double or triple your deposit. While the most common form of a match bonus is when the casino doubles your deposit of a $ 100, so you get $ 200 to play for – a no deposit bonus is usually around $ 5 – 50, or 10 – 100 free spins.
No Deposit Free Spins US
As mentioned earlier, it is very common for a bonus that does not require a deposit to come in the form of free spins. But it is not always that simple. As we have also mentioned before, some people write out the full value of your free spins, for example $ 5 , but you get them in the form of free spins on one or more specific slots games. Others will tell you that you get 50 free spins, but to get the exact value of these free spins you usually have to read the terms and the fine print. Many casinos can decide for themselves the value of the free spins given out. This means that one spin at a certain casino can be worth 1 cent, another 10 cents whilst a third casino might give away free spins worth $ 1.
Free spins as a term are widely used in US, but it’s not the only phrase used. Some operators call it completely different things, such as Bonus Spins or Real Spins. The latter usually means that any winnings from your free spins are wager free. You can read more about wagering requirements and free spins further down in this guide.
Free Money and free casino
It happens that you get free money deposited into your player account and can choose how to spend them, and on what games. In this guide we focus on casino bonuses, but we will also take a quick review of bingo, poker and betting bonuses later.
Free money or free casino games are meant for you to try to play at new US casinos, try a new operator or maybe try to play online casino for the first time. But the terms and conditions differ widely between different casinos and operators. We don’t think it can be mentioned too many times that it is really important to read the terms carefully, which we are going through in just a moment.
The reason that free spins are more common than free money is because it’s easier to wager money playing the classic casino and table games, such as Roulette and blackjack. Slots are harder to predict, and usually much more volatile.
Common Rules and Conditions for no deposit bonuses in the US
All bonuses come with a bunch of different terms. If you are generally talking about bonuses, the most common condition is that you have to make a deposit. But it is clearly not applicable on a no deposit bonus or a signup bonus. At Bonusho, all no deposit bonuses and signup bonuses that can be found here obviously must come without any requirement or commitment of a deposit.
However, to return to the subject of the typical terms and conditions of a bonus that does not require a deposit, or no deposit free spins. Some have extremely generous conditions, where you can basically withdraw any possible profit from a potential winning directly. Others have wagering requirements where you have to wager the winnings a certain number of times before any of the profit can be withdrawn. Everything from one time to dozens of times. By far the most common is that you have to wager 35 times. Others have set a limit on how much of a possible winning you can withdraw, also known as capped winnings. Sometimes even a combination of the last two.
As a rule of thumb, you can never withdraw the no deposit bonus amount, or the value of the free spins, as soon as you have registered. The whole idea is obviously that you should try to play at the casino who offers the bonus. Unfortunately, there are no free lunches, but the latter term at least we think is perfectly reasonable. Bonus terms, regardless of the bonus, are used to counteract bonus abuse. When there are several thousand casinos offering bonuses, and several hundred operators offering very generous ones – there are of course people who do everything to make use and abuse out of this.
Below you can quickly form an idea of the most common conditions that apply to a no deposit bonus.
- Wager free free spins, or wager free bonus money. US casinos, and even betting pages, sometimes offer wager free bets or free spins. This is as close to free money as you can get. Therefore, if you win while you play using this money, all you need to do is request a pay-out or withdrawal to your bank account or e-wallet. The US casinos that offer this have absolutely the best and most generous conditions to be found.
- Free spins with wagering requirements. Free spins that only require registration or a no deposit bonus often come with wagering requirements. This means that if you win, you must wager your winnings, or in some cases, the bonus and the winnings, before you can request a withdrawal. If you want to know how the wagering requirement works, you will be able to read more about it below. Although these terms are not as good as the ones above, it could still be a very good offer. That this kind of bonus comes with a wagering requirement is very common and certainly not unreasonable.
- Bonus with capped winnings. This form of bonus is fairly common and if you win big it is not all just fun because you can only withdraw a certain amount of the winnings or bonus. The withdrawal cap varies a lot between different casinos, but with this kind of bonuses a withdrawal cap between $ 50 and a $ 100. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it. On the one hand, if you can get $ 5 which you can possibly turn into $ 100 it might be. On the other hand, it might have been worth making your own deposit of $ 5 without a cap on potential winnings instead. The choice is entirely up to you.
- Play Money. This form of bonus, which is commonly called Play Money, is quite unnecessary in our opinion. In addition, some casinos offering these bonuses are quite often not very transparent about this, and these terms are usually found in the fine print. Play money, is exactly what it sounds like. You can try to play at the casino, but you can’t win anything. Or rather, if you win then you can’t withdraw anything from your eventual winnings. We want to point out that there are many reasons to try out casino games without wanting to deposit your own money and without the opportunity to win. But to do that, you usually don’t have to register.
At Bonusho we try to be very clear about if we list a casino that has play money as an offer. If you would find a casino that has this kind of offer, but where it is not apparent from us at Bonusho, we appreciate if you let us know.
After reading this we hope you will understand why it is so important to read the terms. That most casinos have strict terms and conditions for this kind of bonuses is not really a weird thing, very few casinos can afford to just give away free money. However, you can never lose anything on using a no deposit bonus. But if you don’t know in advance what terms and conditions apply, you can easily get disappointed.
At Bonusho we call it Free Spins, although some casinos might call it something different. If the casino, however, calls their free spins Cash Spins, Bonus Spins or Real Spins, we usually use that terminology as well.
No account casinos or casinos without registration
Getting a signup bonus when playing at a US casino without an account or where registration is not required is entirely possible. In fact, no account casinos or casinos without registration is usually used a little wrong, since you a verified profile similar to an account. Casino without account is a relatively new phenomenon, but rather a way to market itself. When you come to a page that claims that you do not need to register, they usually use some sort of electronic identification or a payment processor. For you as a player you just need to log in using your electronic identification, so the registration process is so simple that you barely notice it, this is because the casino can get access to some of the important personal information once you have confirmed your identity through some sort of electronic identification.
In fact, this type of bonus does not differ regardless of whether you choose to use it at a casino that does not require registration or claim to have no accounts. In short, this kind of terminology means more or less that the registration process is very simple.
Wagering requirements are common among both deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses, including no deposit free spins. Wagering requirements means that you must turn over your bonus, or bonus and any winnings, before you can withdraw the money. For a no deposit bonus, the wagering requirement is usually only applicable on the winnings. An example follows below.
You get 50 free spins for a value of $ 5. You play and win $ 200, but the wagering requirement is 35 times. The turnover requirement is usually communicated in the following manner, wagering requirement 35x.
Before you can withdraw your winnings, you must wager the money 35 times, thus it will be your winnings times the wagering requirement, 35 x $ 200 = $ 7000. This is the total of how much you have to bet on a game, before you can withdraw your winnings. For example, if you play slots with $ 1 as your bet, you must do 7000 spins or rounds.
Usually there are also detailed rules and terms on how to wager your bonus. For example, it’s common for different casino games to be counted differently towards the wagering requirement. Slots are usually counted as 100%, while classic low volatility table games can be as low as 10%. Blackjack and Roulette are two examples that usually counts to that category of games. This means that if you would choose to wager your money on Roulette based on the example above, you have to turn over, or wager, a total of $ 70000. (Wagering requirement * amount)/0.1 = $ 70000.
A wagering requirement of 35x is very common. Some casinos have wagering requirements low as 1x, which means you only have to wager just a single time.
The difference between betting, Bingo, Poker and Casino bonuses
This entire guide is written from the perspective of casino bonuses, and more specifically how a US no deposit bonus works. But before we finish we thought to take a quick look at bonuses with no deposit in betting, Bingo and Poker. There are some really good bonuses to be found here as well, but they are often quite different from casino bonuses.
- Free Bets. If you find a betting site that offers a no deposit bonus, the bonuses are usually designated to put in a bet, or sometimes, multiple bets. Sometimes you have to put in a so-called multiple bet, which means that you bet on several games or events on a single coupon. There’s a big variation on what the exact terms and rules are. There are some similarities to a no deposit casino bonus. Sometimes it comes with capped winnings and sometimes in combination with wagering requirements. Sometimes the wagering requirements are applied to the bonus, sometimes the winnings and sometimes both. There’s also something called Risk-free bets, which are fairly common. But for those kinds of bonuses, you usually have to make a deposit. In general, the wagering requirements on a betting bonus is lower than on a casino bonus.
- Free bingo money. A no deposit bingo bonus is usually somewhere between $ 5 and $ 50. There are several similarities to a no deposit casino bonus. The biggest difference is that you have to spend it on bingo, but not always. Sometimes your bingo bonus will work exactly as a casino bonus where it’s up to you how you spend it and on what games. Generally speaking, these bonuses comes with similar wagering requirements as for casino bonuses.
- Free money and tournaments. When it comes to poker it’s a bit different. There’s both free money to be found as well as entry tickets to tournaments. The terms differ a lot between different poker sites and we like to point out that it’s very important to read the terms carefully. As mentioned it is common to get money deposited into your account to play poker with directly after registration, but also one or more tickets to tournaments. These poker tournaments are usually called freerolls. To be able to withdraw any winnings from a tournament it’s required to place yourself at the top positions when the game is over. The more participants in the tournament, usually the bigger the prize pool is. Free tournaments and freerolls are quite common at most poker sites.
Our conclusion on No Deposit Bonuses for US players
Using a no deposit bonus in US is almost always worth it, whether it’s at an online casino, a betting page, a bingo portal or a poker site. When you do not have to deposit any of your own money, you also cannot lose any. But be sure to read the terms, in this case it’s mainly for your own good so you won’t be disappointed.